Translate

Monday 11 June 2018

The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 of 12

 

The Book of Ecclesiastes

 Chapter 5

 

¹ Guard your steps when you go to the house of God; to draw near to listen is better than the sacrifice offered by fools; for they do not know how to keep from doing evil.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 1)


Oh God, my Father, today You have given me an important lesson for in any circumstance it is far better to listen than to speak. I pray that I may be found humble enough to listen and not be eager to speak so much that I do not listen to others Amen. May we always be on the same wavelength, my God and Father Amen.


² Never be rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be quick to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven, and you upon earth; therefore let your words be few.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 2)


Oh God, my beloved Father I pray that we be people who stop and think before uttering a single word. May we reflect on the consequences of that word, and be ready not to say it if someone will be hurt ridiculed, defamed or slandered by means of it. Amen.


³ For dreams come with many cares and a fool's voice with many words.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 3) 


Oh God my beloved Father, even though You choose different forms of communication by which to talk to us that includes even dreams, we are to seek the counsel of the wise, in order to discern if the dream is simply wavering of the mind, or maybe the reflection of that day's events, or maybe Yo intend to give us a message by means of that same dream Amen.  


⁴ When you make a vow to God, do not delay fulfilling it; for he has no pleasure in fools. Fulfil what you vow.



(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 4)






Oh God my beloved and caring Father, I had previously given, my word in following You forever and leaving behind me all that is of the world, however as You know it is challenging for me to live alone, and I am praying for a friend or companion. I pray that this vow would not go against my vow to You, I already messed up when I got married Amen. Thank You, Jesus.




⁵ It is better that you should not vow than that you should vow and not fulfil it.


 (The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 5)


Oh God, my Father, I thank You for helping me keep my vow to St. Rita. I am really grateful for this Amen.


⁶ Do not let your mouth lead you into sin, and do not say before the messenger that it was a mistake; why should God be angry at your words, and destroy the work of your hands?


 (The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 6)




Oh God, my beloved Father may I speak only what is the truth and nothing but the truth even if this my experiencing the negative effects of my actions. May I face such moments of error with an attitude of humility and acceptance and a lack of pride Amen.



⁷ With many dreams come vanities and a multitude of words but fear God.


 (The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 7)



Oh God my beloved Father as humans we may have many plans dreams and aspirations however if they do not have You as their foundation they are worthless Amen. May our lives always be based on You Amen.



⁸ If you see in a province the oppression of the poor and the violation of justice and right, do not be amazed at the matter; for the high official is watched by a higher, and there are yet higher ones over them.


 (The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 8) 
 


Oh God, my Father I pray for the courage to. Continue standing up for the rights of vulnerable people. I am aware that I am accountable to You all the time because You are present e everywhere and every time even during my moment's of weakness I thank You for loving me and accepting me as I am although I am still in need of change Amen. 



⁹ But all things considered, this is an advantage for a land; a king for a ploughed field."


 (The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 9) 



Oh, brothers and sisters may we always be aware of not only the opportunities but even more the related consequences that at times are either in small print or totally avoided by us.



¹⁰ The lover of money will not be satisfied with money; nor the lover of wealth, with gain. This also is vanity.


 (The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 10) 



Oh God my Father as humans we try to find satisfaction in what is of the world, however, what we are not realising is that what is of the material world can never satisfy the cravings of the soul, for we are not only human but also spiritual. Therefore if we succeed at satisfying the material self and not the spiritual, as humans we will not be fully human and fully alive. There needs to be a harmony between our material selves in synchrony with our spiritual selves Amen. This is my aim, my God and Father Amen.



¹¹ When goods increase, those who eat them increase; and what gain has their owner but to see them with his eyes?


 (The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 11)  



Oh God, the more goods we have the more insecure we feel due to the fear that others might try to steal our goods from us. This might be the worry of many businessmen. The more we have the more we are bound to this earth. I pray to be free from such material bondage Amen.



¹² Sweet is the sleep of labourers, whether they eat little or much; but the surfeit of the rich will not let them sleep.



 (The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 12) 



Oh God my Father it is better to be rich in the things of the kingdom which do not pass away and give us rest, than to be rich in the material world with all its stress and anxieties, for all the riches and pleasures of the world are not enough to satisfy our insecurity for our dwelling place is not the earth but heaven. Therefore while in the flesh, we can never feel secure and at peace Amen.



¹³ There is a grievous ill that I have seen under the sun; riches were kept by their owners to their hurt, ¹⁴ and those riches were lost in a bad venture; though they are parents of children, they have nothing in their hands.


 (The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verses 13 to 14)



Oh God, this is my story, all that I have honestly gained I will treacherously lose. The vipers are surrounding me and this is a grievous ill. Soon they will have the satisfaction of claiming a victory. Soon I will need to resign from my work and then they will claim their victory. However, You are with me every step of the way. Amen.


¹⁵ As they came from their mother's womb, so they shall go again, naked as they came; they shall take nothing for their toil, which they may carry away with their hands.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 15)


Oh God my Father, as humans naked we are born and naked we will die. Nobody will take with him or her his or her property or awards or Nobel prizes. All that we will take away are our good deeds and our sins. Therefore it is wise of us to invest more in the world of the soul than in that of the body which has a beginning and an end Amen.


¹⁶ This also is a grievous ill; just as they came, so shall they go; and what gain do they have from toiling for the wind?


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 16)


Oh God, my Father, if I do my work simply to satisfy my self or my employer, there will come a day when my employer would not be satisfied with my work and will not consider my efforts and skills and will send me away, where is the fruit of all my service?


From a human perspective, it has all been a waste of time, however if I offer my services to You my God and Father, You will become my employer, and what I do I will do for You and not for the world and it is in truth a treasure in the kingdom of heaven Amen.


¹⁷ Besides, all their days they eat in darkness, in much vexation and sickness and resentment.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 17)


Oh God, my Father, those of us who like living in the reign of sin and darkness will end up being angry and frustrated, for the world cannot offer them long-lasting peace and security. The more one has, the more the risk of losing what one has, the more greed and ambition to gain more and there is never the peace of God in their heart. 


¹⁸ This is what I have seen to be good; it is fitting to eat and drink and find enjoyment in all the toil with which one toils under the sun the few days of the life God gives us; for this is our lot.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 18)


Oh God, I agree that I am to live my life and be happy and enjoy and appreciate all that comes in my way, that is according to Your will. I believe that every day is a present as we call it, and we are always to appreciate gifts and presents especially those given to us by our Holy Father our God and Saviour Amen.

I invite you all to join me in this positive song that will surely place a smile on your faces I, therefore, invite you to click on the following link credited to us by "The Real Bobby McFerrin



  


¹⁹ Likewise all to whom God gives wealth and possessions and whom enables to enjoy them and to accept their lot and find enjoyment in their toil-this is the gift of God.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 19)


Blessed are those who like their work and earn an honest living. May such people reap the riches and benefits of the work that God has given them Amen.


²⁰ For they will scarcely brood over the days of their lives because God keeps them occupied with the joy of their hearts.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 5 verse 20)


Oh God my Father, those of us who accept all that happens to them as being the doing of the will of God will also consider their work as being a service to God by means of others. I thank You God for the work You have given me, by which I am greatly occupied and satisfied Amen.


I would like to end this meditation on the fifth chapter of the Book of Ecclesiastes with the following prayer:-


Oh, brothers and sisters, young and old, if we invest in the world our thirst will never be satisfied, for the world does not know how to do so. However, if we invest in God and in fulfilling His will our lives will become a blessing both for ourselves and even for others Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment