Translate

Friday 28 February 2020

The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 of 12 (To update)


The Book of Ecclesiastes

 Chapter 7



¹ A good name is better than precious ointment, and the day of death, than the day of birth.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 verse 1)



Oh God my Father as a human I have my private and personal self which only You are wholly aware of, and there is also the type of self that I project to others. I pray that I will always be true and never project a false reality of myself Amen.


² It is better to go to the house of mourning than to go to the house of feasting; for this is the end of everyone, and the living will lay it to heart.



(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 verse 2)


In comparison to the time of feasting which may be dominated by overeating, drinking and lack of self-control, the time of mourning is such that makes and helps us to reflect both on ourselves, our lifestyle and even our spiritual life Amen. This is a very reflective and important time in our life, were healthy decisions are taken.


³ Sorrow is better than laughter, for by sadness of countenance the heart is made glad.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 verse 3)


Oh God my Father when things are going well in life, we tend to alienate and take You for granted instead of thanking You for the good times, for all goodness has its roots in You. However during times of sorrow and suffering, we selfishly like children turn our eyes upon our parents to earn their love sympathy care and support. I pray that we genuinely learn how to love You and not use You out of convenience Amen.


⁴ The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 verse 4)


Oh God, my Father You do not wish us to be sad in order to experience You in our lives. You want us to experience joy and happiness, however, our happiness is not to be found in what is sinful but what is in according to Your will Amen.


⁵ It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise than to hear the song of fools.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 verse 5)


Oh God my Father, I thirst for Your wisdom and consolation. When I listen to Mass on television my ears are open wide not to lose one word of the homely for it is my spiritual nourishment by which You are helping me to grow each day of my life. Amen.


⁶ For like the crackling of thorns under a pot so is the laughter of fools; this also is vanity.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 verse 6)


Oh, brothers and sisters, it is better of us to seek the company of people of God who are focused on doing His will than to waste time in the company of those who are alienated with the world and all that it offers Amen.  


⁷ Surely oppression makes the wise foolish, and a bribe corrupts the heart.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 verse 7)


Oh God my Father during times of oppression I turn to You for support and consolation. Therefore a negative situation becomes a positive one, because in time You always show me the positive light at the end of the dark tunnel Amen.


⁸Better is the end of a thing than its beginning; the patient in spirit are better than the proud in spirit.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 verse 8)


Oh God my Father I like beginnings as much as I like the endings. When You prompted me to start this blog way back in 2003 I was overjoyed to start sharing online, now that in time I have progressed I am still eager to continue even though I still have much time to grow when praying on Your Word. Every session is a new experience of spiritual and psychological growth in Your relationship with me and even though there are many books of the Bible on which to pray You always give me the strength and motivation to go on Amen. 


⁹ Do not be quick to anger, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 verse 9)


Oh, brothers and sisters, I pray that we be more aware of our feelings, especially when we feel agitated, racing heartbeat, tense and shortness of breath which are like traffic lights that show us that we are moving from a green zone of peace and tranquillity to one that is amber which is moderately in peace and gradually to red, which is a total loss of peace and a move on to loss of self-control. When in such a state we are letting out the beast of sin out of its kennel and Satan takes control of both our minds and body. Therefore let us pray to be always aware of such a mental change and take action to regain peace of both mind, soul and body Amen.


¹⁰ Do not say, "Why were the former days better than these?" For it is not from wisdom that you ask this.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 verse 10)


Throughout the course of my life You have taught me to look forward in good faith and only to look at the past when reflecting on the present. You have taught me to reflect on every situation and thank You for all that You have done for me and by means of my presence to many others. I pray that You keep on using me my God and Father Amen.


¹¹ Wisdom is as good as an inheritance, an advantage to those who see the sun.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 verse 11)


Oh God my Father I, pray for more of Your wisdom. At times I find myself in a situation that needs more wisdom. I thank You for all the help that You are giving me oh God my Father I would be able to do nothing without You Amen.


¹² For the protection of wisdom is like the protection of money, and the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom gives life to the one who possesses it.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 verse 12)


Oh God my Father Your wisdom is like money because it gives us security and stability. In times of crisis, You give us the right words and the right actions Amen. I pray for more my God and Father Amen.


¹³ Consider the work of God; who can make straight what he has made crooked?


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 verse 13)


Oh God my Father no mortal can fix anything that is done not according to Your Will as in the case of my marriage. You wanted me to leave everything and follow You and I did the very opposite. I got married and became entangled with the world. I thank You for freeing me from the bondage of the world Amen.


¹⁴ In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider; God has made the one as well as the other, so that mortals may not find out anything that will come after them.


(The Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 7 verse 14)


Oh God, my Father I thank You for the good days and even for those which as a human I consider not so good days. You are in control of each second of my life, and nothing happens if You do not permit it to happen. I thank You for everything Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment